Friday, January 21, 2011

And So It Begins


And so it begins.  This blog has been primarily set up to let me publish some of the Invercargill band photos that I took many decades ago.  The blog is late in coming as I promised years ago to several people that I would set it up.

The words No Kissing, Cuddling or Close embracing are from a wall sign displayed at the Basement dances held once a month at the Waverly Church. 

In today’s environment the words are hilarious but at the time they were taken quite seriously by church administrators always on the look out for teenagers slipping into sin.

Using the words as the blog header was suggested by Kris Lockett after we got together in Wellington for coffee and to catch up on the gossip and reminisce about the good old days in Invercargill.

Feedback is welcome from anybody who remembers the music scene in Invercargill in the late 60’s and 70’s.

Apart from old photos and stuff I might also put up more recent material if it takes my fancy,

No comments:

Post a Comment